POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 8-Ball (47kb) : 8-Ball (47kb) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  8-Ball (47kb)
From: Daniel Nilsson
Date: 12 Nov 2002 14:00:10
Message: <3dd14fba@news.povray.org>
I made this as a desktop image for the computer I have beside my pool table
(for listening to mp3s while playing 8-ball).
It is really simple: 1 sphere, 1 plane, 4 boxes and 5 cylinders (used to
create the "8").
The plane has a quilted normal.
The scene is lit by the 4 boxes that have hight ambient and no diffuse, no
normal light sources.
Render time: ~ 1h 15m on a P3 500Mhz.

I'm almost happy with it but for some things:
1. The reflections in the ball. Maybe it is that there is nothing to reflect
in the upper part (except for the lights). Suggestions anybody?
2. There are some radiosity artifacts under the ball. This is my first
radiosity only scene, so I could really need some advice here.
3. There are some moire patterns near the corners (jpg compression took away
some of it). What are good aa settings for getting rid of them without the
render taking ages?

--
Daniel Nilsson

Post a reply to this message